Sold

Sandwich Shop & Bakery in Northolt

Northolt, Ealing

£79,950 +SAV

Ref: 14751 J

Share this property
Share

Description

Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Crumbs Bakery, established by our client in 1980 and dedicated his work in this shop for over 25 years. The business is offered for sale due to our client’s wish to retire. The business is predominantly a sandwich led shop with approximately 70% of customers coming for the freshly filled rolls, filled baguettes and sandwiches, hot breakfast sandwiches and baked pasties and sausage rolls. The other 30% of sales are from the on-site made bakery products which includes bread rolls, custard slices, iced buns, donuts, scones and fresh cream cakes. The business also offers a wide selection of hot and cold drinks. The business comes with a very loyal customer base which includes local residents, local shop workers, local businesses and builders / contractors. Over 90% of customers are takeaway purchasers with some raised seating for anyone wishing to grab a quick bite inside. Our client offers a special baguette of the day for only £1.90 and a sandwich deal of the day which includes a drink and packet of crisps for only £2.10. Our client now offers local delivery service to residents and local businesses through telephone ordering, on average 7 deliveries a day (which is an average of £8 order values). Opportunity to grow sales would include; Increasing deliveries More hot food Daily specialsAdding celebration cakes to the bakery linesOutside cateringParty plattersOpening SundaysAdding a wholesale bakery side previously offered by our client

Tenure

Leasehold

We are advised that the Leasehold 20/5 remaining paying just £13,600 pa.

Hours

6.00am to 3.00pm - Monday to Saturday Closed on Sunday.

Staff

There are currently two owners, 2 part time staff members in the morning and 2 part time staff members in the afternoons.

Financial Profile

2016 there was a gross profit of £168,360 and £45,794 adjusted net of £20,000.

Location

Crumbs Bakery occupies a central trading position along a busy parade of shops on Yeading Lane, Northolt. There are many independent shops on the parade including a busy Co-operative Store just two doors away. Yeading sits in the middle of Uxbridge, Hayes and Southall and is roughly 12 miles away from Heathrow airport. Yeading Lane connects to both the A40 in the north and the parkway and M4 in the south. The nearest school is Barnhill School which is located approximately ½ mile away from the business and the nearest tube station is Northolt. There is free customer parking directly outside the business.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.535339,-0.3940051,3a,75y,304.06h,86.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sa4Fphj8sYw_Pm07XGLIWcQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Premises

Front shop / service area; Raised customer seating to left sideFixed menu boards2 Glass fronted display chillersTable top glass fronted heated pastry cabinetLarge griddle2 ring electric job and extraction unitHot water earnsTill 2 S steel prep tablesMicrowave S steel upright fridgeGlass fronted double drink chillerLong glass fronted chilled cake cabinetStorage fridgeBread racking ToasterDouble S steel upright freezerS steel upright fridge Middle prep area; ProverTable top mixer2 single fryers2 S steel prep tables70lb Mixer30 Roll moulder5 deck ovenLarge extraction unitOven tray stacksKitchen aidFloor standing safeStorage rackingDouble S steel freezer2 Glass fronted storage fridges Rear storage area; Staff changing area and toiletStorage shelvingAccess to rear external area and bins

Read some of our helpful guides and blogs

Blogs

10 brilliantly designed restaurants in the UK

7th October 2016

As a Business Brokers, we’ve come across many restaurants all different sizes…

Blogs

10 ways to advertise your business for free

28th May 2015

Advertising can be expensive, however when you’re just starting out or are…

Blogs

4 things to consider when you sell a business

4th January 2018

Every major decision requires careful thought and consideration, and very few decisions…

Blogs

4 ways to attract buyers to your Fish & Chip Shop

19th February 2018

Despite the ever-increasing range of fast food options available to us in…